Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had no plans for my birthday, because I didn't know what I will feel up to doing.  I am totally okay with that though. Every day seems like a celebration in one way or another these days.  I am taking a look at the last year and what I hope for in the coming years. On the one hand, there are things I want to do, have and see, just as in years past.  On the other, I find myself swirling more around ideas of what I hope to feel and be in the future.  I am also listening for hints from my future rather than trying to prescribe myself a plan.  It's interesting to think about being open and ready for an unspecified question rather than a calculated end goal.  A year of rebirth, rediscovery, adventure, and curiosity.  I am game.

The hubs and I had a nice brunch out. I got a bit queasy, but we left quickly and I got home ok. Stayed the rest of the day in bed watching football, napping or cuddling with the dogs. I talked with family and friends by phone.  I enjoyed the sight and scent of the most beautiful flowers.  It was just a relaxing day. Looking forward to the next 365 and then some.

Throwback photo to my very first day in the world... I really did have more hair then!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allison.... I totally missed posting a Happy Birthday wish to you. We were down in Tucson visiting Emily, Steve and Alexander. So belated Happy B'day and I hope it was great. Here we are on Monday after loosing one hour of sleep for most of you and I hope it is a great Monday for you. I got all messed up on my pills and I think I took too many of the wrong ones one day so I'm just trying to get back to center right now. Really happy to know that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete