Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Surgery

In the lead up to surgery, I have been keeping super busy to avoid obsessing over what is coming Wednesday morning. 

Josh and I spent Veterans Day weekend with my brother and sister in law in New York City and had an amazing time reconnecting, wandering through shops and markets, eating great food,  watching the Seahawks game at a pro Seattle bar, and sipping whiskey and sangria against the backdrop of a live blues band.

Veterans Day,  I got to spend with some very lovely ladies at the most amazing spa experience I have ever had. So relaxing!

Had a great breakfast with a friend and coffee with another.

This past weekend, I went sky diving with a dear friend and ended up being surprised with a house painting /puppy play date party with others. We also decorated for the holidays. 

In days since,  I swept, vacuumed and did laundry like my life depended on it.

Tuesday, I had a busy day at work and ended the day celebrating the10 year anniversary of an international agreement I worked on for 7 of those years.

All these things I am taking with me into surgery, along with the notes and calls and texts I have gotten from so many others.  Thank you all.

Lastly, I listened to Leah Still's pep talk from her dad. ( http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11585873&src=desktop) If a 4 year old can handle cancer surgery, so can I!  #leahstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment