Monday, November 3, 2014

How do I know today is going to be a great day?

Ha!  When I woke up, I did not immediately reach for my anti nausea meds!  I took them anyway as a precaution because moving about tends to wake the sleeping dragon in my stomach; but still, this is a breakthrough that doesn't usually come till day 10 ish. Today is day 5!!! I am PUMPED. I have some energy.  This is good.  I feel like I can say I have passed through the dark side of this round. Awesome. Now, 15 days to enjoy and get busy having fun before surgery on the 18th.

In other news, I saw this clip on Facebook this morning, and while it focuses on the difference between the way moms and their children see themselves, I think it applies equally to anyone.  We are all our own harshest critic. What a powerful moment for us and these women to see themselves through someone else's eyes. Totally made me cry.

2 comments:

  1. Well here we are Nov 8th... 10 days to have fun, go places, see people and cook a bunch of meals to freeze for later. Looks like you are have a wonderful fall with sun and crisp cold air. Hope you can get out there and enjoy some of it. Hugs all around. You are gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete