Friday, October 3, 2014

No chemo today, bloodwork again Monday, hopeful for chemo on Tuesday

Platelets are about the same, 85 today and 87 on Friday. No chemo today. Sigh.

We try again Monday. If my blood work is good, I have chemo Tuesday. If the platelets are not up, I go back everyday for blood work till they are. Josh probably won't be able to go. I had to push back all my chemo appointments for a week. I had to push back my surgery. I will have to push back my radiation mapping and start of radiation too. It is what it is. It's not anything I did or didn't do. My bone marrow is just tired. This is what chemo does to a person. If platelets drop below 50, I will get a transfusion. Happily, I am not there yet. My doctors and my medical team know what to do. I am going to see my TCM doc/acupuncturist in an hour. I keep telling myself it will be ok. Sometimes all you can do is wait and pray.

My onc says if I feel like it, I can still go to work and exercise, just do what I would normally do. So that's the game plan. Do my thing, maybe be a little more careful with knives while chopping vegetables, but otherwise just have patience. My ted blood cells are a touch low, so fatigue is somewhat expected.

I did wear one of the new wigs today. Loving it. I may keep swapping them out till I find myself a good luck wig.

2 comments:

  1. Really love this wig. It really suits your new "do what I want" attitude. And boy oh boy is purple your color. Fabulous! I'm still walking funny, but I did get out yesterday - drove the car, did some grocery shopping and got a hair cut. I was tired, climbing in and out of the ML500 is a chore so I used the ice packs on the groin but at least I was doing something. Sometimes you just gotta "do what ya wanna do, when ya wanna do it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Aunt Dona! Glad to hear things are back on the upswing!

    ReplyDelete