Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chemo Rd 3/6 of the Horrible Cocktail

Halfway! Halfway! Halfway!

BRING IT.

915am blood work
1030am dr appt
1100am infusion of TCHP
5ish pm done

I have folks coming in, Skype calls to make, a really cute video of kittens to watch, and personal emails ready to be drafted and sent. Got my work laptop to keep a key initiative moving. Also going to try to set some fitness goals that I think I can hit. Going to start daydreaming about some travel this time next year. FORWARD LOOKING and POSITIVE.

Somehow bitter always comes with sweet. I worked some kinda crazy hours the past two weeks, so I haven't been on Facebook a lot.  Last night, I saw on Facebook the obituary of my sorority sister, who died after a long battle with cancer at Johns Hopkins Baltimore. She was kind, funny, a community volunteer, and a fellow lawyer. We drifted apart somewhat after college, but I always thought of her fondly and was better for knowing her, her kindness and her humor. She was 31. Her obit reflects the wonderful person she was, gone too young. I can't think too much about it, but what I love about the story of her life is that who she became was reflected in an evolution of clearly defined themes showing her life's purpose. I plan to fight cancer like hell, and both now and in the future. Looking up to Vickie, I want to be sure I am clearly focused on purpose and consistent in my thoughts, actions and associations. Vickie lived well, and I hope to match the quality of her spirit for a long time to come.

RIP Victoria F. "Vickie" Gelfman, prosecutor - baltimoresun.com obituary

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your friend Vickie. I know that you will keep her in your thoughts as you follow her lead in attitude and strength. It sounds like you are living the most jammed packed schedule on the planet. You will probably need a vacation soon. BTW, great pics of you two.

    ReplyDelete