Thursday, August 14, 2014

Doing better, work is crazy

Job has been crazy lately. It's hard work, but I am enjoying it.

I am getting myself back to where I need to be emotionally, although it is a process, not a magic wand transformation. It's been a good thing to sort so much out in my head and my heart.

I continue to think about the new normal, and now that there are absolutely no expectations about what I can or should do, I am really focusing on trying to figure out exactly what I want in every area of my life. It's harder than you'd think.

I can't believe chemo round 3, the halfway point of my six terrible cocktails, is next week on Wednesday. I will start fasting mid day Monday. Whew. Can't even think about that. Gotta make it to the weekend first.
Lots of other things swirling around in my head. More this weekend.

Current theme song (thanks Adeola!):


A quote I've loved for ages that speaks to me right now:

2 comments:

  1. Allison your post has brightened my day more than you know. I'm inspired to follow your steps with my pitiful troubles too. I am so jazzed at such an upbeat post and hope I can do the same. Hugs to you and Joshua. One step in front of another and before you know it you have walked miles. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is fighting a tough battle! All we can do is support each other.

    ReplyDelete