Saturday, June 28, 2014

Energy management

Even though I have very good support and am keeping a positive attitude, I never really expected to feel exhausted from the emotionality of coping with a cancer diagnosis. Energy management, rather than time management, is something I've been paying attention to for a while, ever since reading this book back in 2009, so at least I saw the signs.  I still didn't quite expect it though, because other than the fertility shots, I haven't even started treatment yet. Right now, I feel like I need about 3x as much rest and relaxation space as I did before I started having to deal with cancer. It's not that I'm doing anything extra; in fact, I am doing way less. Energy is just required for emotional processing. I'm trying to give myself the space and time to breathe, cry, laugh, scream, and just feel all the feelings till calm and peace return. Sigh. I *want* to be out doing stuff, but I really just need a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment