Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pixies, bobs, and wigs

First day with no doctor appointments in a while. Just email and office work. I spent a little bit of time thinking about the hair strategy. Apparently Herceptin alone doesn't make your hair fall out. It will just be the first 18 weeks of TCHP, not the whole year of chemo that I will be bald.  I still think short real hair till it falls out then short wig till it grows in again, and then just let it grow!

Day 2 injection for fertility went just fine. I met Josh at the Yamasaki Academy during jiu jitsu. The shots are supposed to be around the same time for all 4 days and we didn't think about the schedule. Fernando Yamasaki sat and talked with us for a while. He has the biggest heart, and it is open to everyone.  It meant a great deal to me to have him reach out and talk with me, encouraging me and coaching me just like  a fighter.  And I am.

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh Josh I was laughing out loud watching Allison poking herself with a needle and what are you doing... hands curled up in a fist, looking away, closing your eyes, and tugging at your pants leg... hilarious! Good for you Allison especially since you have to do it again how many times??? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh couldn't even watch the television show Nip/Tuck back when it was on... serious needle phobia! I should have about 14-17 needle pokes once I'm done.

    ReplyDelete