Saturday, September 6, 2014

Competing at SuperFit Maryland

Having a great time at SuperFit Maryland!

Why compete? For me, I feel like competition always brings out the best in me, and I discover strength I didn't know I had. I signed up for this in March in the RX division, and thought about selling my spot, but decided to compete in the scaled/novice division anyway. My oncologist said, "Go and live your life." So I am. This is a big part of my life. Loving it! I may come in last (results here), but I am here and competing, and that is a victory in itself. Thanks to my friend Ramzi for the photos, to SuperFit (event staff, judges, media, volunteers and sponsors), CrossFit Revamped, Gary and Alea Helmick, and all the fellow competitors and fans who made it an incredible day!

(additional photos updated 9/7/14)

Rope climbs did a number on me!
Alea Helmick! Super sweet and a great event host.
Ramzi killing the 2nd event.
Podium finish for Ramzi!


4 comments:

  1. What an amazing post!! You inspired everyone there including me to get the best out of ourselves. So proud of you and I think you are a beast and you have a drive that many lacks.. Way to go Allison..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew.... I'm exhausted just reading this post and looking at the pictures. You are an American Ninja all by yourself. How much weight was on that bar? I am so impressed by your drive and fortitude. I think I love your oncologist too. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tank top says it all! #badass

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top photo was 85#. That used to be a warm up weight for me, but it felt plenty heavy this weekend! Finished last... still better than did not start. So glad I went, and as always, the CrossFit community was accepting and encouraging in so many ways. I am pretty sore one day after, but hoping to go to the gym tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete