Thursday, September 4, 2014

This week was a blur!

Somehow 4 day work weeks still seem to require 5 days of work. Answering email till 11pm or later and picking back up at 5/6am really makes one day blur into the next. I didn't realize today was already Thursday. It's been busier than usual. I've been working this incident and that earlier one, in addition to the usual day to day. It's fun, but I am ready for a return to steady state to get myself collected again. I haven't even really looked ahead to next week. A lot going on!

Next week I have 5, possibly 6, appointments. It's chemo round 4, the midway MRI, and the surgical consult. I have a sleep dr follow up and 2 acupuncture appointments. There is also the wig photo shoot.

On Saturday, I am doing a scaled CrossFit competition. I am feeling weak and deconditioned, but I have put myself in competition before in the same state as this, minus the chemo. It should be fun. I am looking forward to it. I just need to get myself back in the gym, and I am having the hardest time doing it. I hope this will help. I mean, I know I have cancer and all, but I should be able to get myself together a little better on this. I like the gym. No idea why it is so hard for me to go lately (aside from work monopolizing me).

I also have been trying to make appointments with the proton therapy folks- I got in to the Knoxville location on October 16, now to try to figure out airfare. I gave up on the Miami Breast Center for Brava. I called and called and the person I was supposed to talk to was never there and wouldn't call me back even after leaving messages. So, I called Dr. Christina Anh in NYC, got the nurse, and the office manager called me back, but now I have to call her back. Sibley called, and there is a turnover issue on my Tricare coverage, so Josh and I are going to a military base tomorrow at 7 to fix it. Ugghhh. Logistics are crazy. Sometimes breast cancer appointments and insurance seem like a full time job by itself.

Oh, and our landlord called Josh and wants to raise our rent. Just a smidge, but of course I am outraged they are raising it at all and am now looking at other options. And then, my check engine light has come on. I already know I need new tires before winter and my air conditioner has a leak, so depending on how expensive the check engine light fix is as I push 189k miles, I might just be better off buying a new to me vehicle.

Tonight, my goal is simply to make my to do list is complete!

1 comment:

  1. When it rains it pours doesn't it. I say you point that proton beam at the landlord and fire through the car. Two problems gone in one blast. I guess stuff comes at us in three's after all. Healthcare, rent and car. There you go. When the world starts ganging up on you just hold on tighter to each other and nothing can win against you. You and Josh are a force to be reckoned with no matter what. You will come out stronger and winners!

    ReplyDelete