Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Halfway point MRI today, chemo tomorrow

It's been a tough week already. Lots of appointments. My platelets are low normal at 140k, my liver enzyme AST is double the high end of normal at 105. Had an echocardiogram to check in on my heart since I have been experiencing palpitations. I might not have chemo tomorrow if the redo of blood work is not good. I haven't slept in two days stressing out about the MRI that will show how well the chemo is working. I couldn't handle the fast with the isotope in my stomach so I ate. Guess we will see after all whether the fast was worth it. I have pretty much had two full days of working cancer issues, with another full day tomorrow, pharmacy calls and visits, appointment calls and visits, blood work, MRI, echo, billing, primary insurance, secondary insurance, and flexible spending account paperwork and calls. I am exhausted and can't will myself to do anymore today. More tomorrow. Results from radiology tomorrow/Thursday, just in time for my surgery prep appointment, also terrifying. I just hope I have good results and am guided to the best option. Surgery is real. It is visible. It is permanent. I feel like chemo, as awful as it is, has been an emotional warm up to the surgery decisions. I dont want this at all, and it is horrible having to choose between such painful options.

Fashion fashion preview by Sibley Interventional Radiology, note the lovely yellow socks and hair bonnet:

No comments:

Post a Comment