Friday, September 26, 2014

SuperFit Athlete of the Month!

SuperFit decided to feature me as their Athlete of the Month for October. I am really touched by it and how well the video turned out. Hopefully some other people will feel heartened by it, and if it encourages them to get moving, be more healthy or to try CrossFit, then I am so glad. I mean seriously, if I can do this during chemo, it proves CrossFit is infinitely scalable and anyone can do it. (Having a little trouble with the embed html but here is a link till I get it fixed.)

This weekend I will be joining some good friends in the Capital Throwdown, a team competition, in the scaled division. I know I have to be a bit gentler with myself since chemo is right around the corner, but I am really looking forward to it! We are Team #FightLikeaGirl - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Got a lot of catching up to do on your blog. Saw the picture of your car...Ugh! So had my surgery on Friday 9/26. Dr. let me go home and he is confident we got all of the cancerous tissue with good margins all around. He did end up taking all the lymph nodes both right and left sides. Got some pretty hellacious scars, swelling and bruising of oh so many colors. Pretty swollen and have some edema to deal with but all in all feeling pretty good. Gotta wait another 10 days or so for the final pathology. Won't be totally happy till I read that.

    ReplyDelete