Wednesday, July 9, 2014

29 eggs retrieved, and now, on to cancer treatment

Today's egg retrieval went well. 29 eggs retrieved! There will be several drop offs in numbers as we get closer to actually putting embryos in the freezer. My odds are still about 80% for one child, 60% for 2, and less than 25% for 3. More eggs keeps us closer to these odds. One can only hope.

Everyone was great. You walk into the OR with the team on your own power and then they wheel you out 15-20 min later. I was a bit sore and uncomfortable, which is to be expected, but I no longer feel like I swallowed water balloons or that I was about to lay an ostrich egg.



The swelling is going down. The pain meds are helping, but they also have their own digestive side effects to be managed. Honestly the aftermath of soreness from the needle jab in my quad from the trigger hurts a bit worse than the procedure. (I have been feeling like a wounded ostrich, to be more precise.) My procedure was at 11:30. I was awake by noon. I walked out around 12:15/12:30 and then slept most of the day.

Tomorrow is surgery again for port placement. Things are going in a good direction.

Some photos from today:
 
Walking in



Getting serious!

Right before surgery
Walking into OR #1 with anesthesiologist Steve; and OR nurse team Odette and Liz
 
Dr. Browne, my retrieval doc
Heather, my prep and recovery nurse. Sherry joined us around noon (not pictured) Also not pictured, Dr. Ray the embryologist who came to say hi and make sure we had all the right details so the kids look like us someday. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment