Thursday, July 10, 2014

First day of chemo in the books, hallelujah!

We got to be in the coolest light therapy room. I felt like I was more in a club than a hospital. Bring on the chemo cocktail!

All drugs were administered individually and slowly through my new port, which did not hurt at all: anti nausea, steroids,Taxotere, Carboplatin, Pertuzamab, Herceptin. Only Carboplatin made me slightly nauseous. I brought ginger drops, other candies, and chips, but I hit it on the dot with the tea I brought, Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Morning Wellness Tea. I had to negotiate vitamins with my oncologist, but I figured if a tea was ok for pregnant ladies it was fine for me. I had nurse Chelsea look at all three types of tea,  and she had no complaints or objections.

After it was over, I was very careful about taking my drugs. I feel pretty good. A little queasy but fine. Such a relief to finally have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment