Monday, July 28, 2014

Wig debut at work

Today, I did not feel brave. I worried that my wig would immediately show at work. I worried it would rain. I worried the wind would be bad. I worried it was on crooked, or too high or too low. I worried I would not be taken seriously at an important meeting because people would be too distracted by my wig to listen to my words. I spent extra time getting ready and wore a fabulous bright green dress. People whom I did not know commented on my dress. I worried it was because they didn't know what to say about my hair. People I did know commented about my hair, universally liking it. I did not tell my clients (or the Deputy Under Secretary who noticed) that it was a wig. Eventually, I gave up my anxious smile and replaced it with a real one. My wig does look great, and the only people who knew were my dear coworkers whom I told. #WigSuccess

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Your hair DOES look great, you look great, your green dress was a fabulous choice and where did you get that awesome necklace? Glad you had such a wonderful "relaxing" day on the job. Back to the battle warrior princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, and if I didn't know, I would think you had just gotten a haircut -- and then I would be asking for the name of the salon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! When people ask where I got it cut, I have just been saying, "Oh, this salon in Georgetown..." Necklace I found online, Gilt I think. Cara Couture was maybe the brand. Just glad it came together.

    ReplyDelete