Thursday, July 3, 2014

A very follicular day! Wigs and Ovaries

Updated on 7/10 with some additional wig pictures, including the bob with bangs that might be my favorite. Your vote counts! Let.me know. :-)


Original post:

Early appointment for fertility blood work and ultra sound, then the wig appointment, then back to the fertility doc for sudden/surprise cramping and bleeding. Everything is fine, the follicles on my head and in the ovaries. They did up my fertility meds though. And I am essentially on bed rest till retrieval day. Better safe than sorry.

Wig shopping was actually really fun. Hans of Eivind and Hans was so nice, knowledgeable, and stylish. He just had an eye for what would look good on me. He really helped make this an elegant and kind moment for me. I had family and a good friend with me. Surprisingly, their wigs were not wiggy. In fact they were almost all better than my own hair. There were too many great options to choose from! I haven't completely settled on the wig. I go back next week to pick. I also was asked to be a wig model for a shoot in September. Pretty cool! Here were some of the options. I'm missing a photo of one that I really liked with bangs and a long angular bob, but it's in the running too. Let me know in the comments if there is one you love best!

Last photo is of my other follicles as of today. It's like waiting for vine ripened tomatoes. Gotta be gentle till Monday.

6 comments:

  1. I love the first picture.. Such an amazing look.. Miss you Allison..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like Kim Kardashian in the last one, but if she was actually gorgeous. However, I love you in a bob and think you can totally rock that look as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you too Ramzi!

    I haven't decided which one yet. Josh likes the long one, but it feels weird not being my own hair against the skin of my neck. I am leaning towards one not pictured here with bangs and highlights. We will see!

    Thanks for the sweet compliment Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa... those are really nice wigs. You have the perfect shape face to pull all of them off. I'm gonna vote for all of them. It's great to have so many wonderful choices. When I did wigs I wanted the ones that didn't poke me in the eyes. Can't wait to see what you finally choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison you rock those wigs!! They look so natural on you. My vote is for wig 1 and wig 4. You look just like Megan fox in that last one. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lookin' lady... You're a lucky man, Josh!

    ReplyDelete