Friday, July 18, 2014

I feel SO much better!

I am BACK.


I feel so much better. I weigh 6.5 lbs less this morning than yesterday. Talk about a lot of water. Still a bit bloated but entirely tolerable. All of my tastebuds have died and shed like dead skin. I have no idea what anything is going to taste like before I put it in my mouth, like a baby first learning about lemons. Weird, but I can handle that.


Also, my hair follicles are starting to be sore, like I was in too tight of a pony tail or braid. For the dudes, imagine a sunburn on your bald head. I scheduled my wig cut and buzz for Saturday at 10am. Hopefully I make through the week with hair. Day 14 when it is supposed to begin falling out is Thursday, and Day 20 when it is expected to be gone is the following Tuesday.

Good news I neglected to share on the blog amidst all this madness:

NO BRCA! Not 1, not 2. Hallelujah. No double mastectomy! The other genes should be done end of August. We found out in time to avoid having to do pregenetic diagnostics on the embryos, pretty invasive stuff for little guys.

The embryos. We got 8 of EXCELLENT quality. It is amazing the drop off, 41 follicles, 29 eggs retrieved, 20 mature eggs, 17 eggs fertilized through ICSY, 17 developed, and 8 turned into high quality embryos. 8! I am so grateful. I seriously want to start naming them... all 8, both boy and girl names. After Greek and Roman gods and goddesses, Viking warriors, etc. Names of strength, hope and grace! We will have a future together someday.

I went to acupuncture today and it helped, and I am going to get an IV drip at 3 to make sure I am hydrated and ready for the weekend. Not everything is peachy, but looks like I am out of the woods!

Today's theme song, Katy Perry's ROAR! 


(Thanks Stephanie!)

3 comments:

  1. What a great news update. Outstanding news on the BRCA (even though I have no concept of what it is). If you are happy then we are all happy. Eight is a great number, but after 2 quit. Never let the kids out vote the parents. Ha Ha Ha. Can't wait to see the photos of the new hair-do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the "Like" button?! Wonderful news, all around!

    ReplyDelete